Life In The Morning Sh*t…err…Shift
It’s still too early in the morning when I write this post.
I could not sleep because my body clock is designed to wake myself up and sustain every night. Although, I’ve been in the morning shift for more than 2 months now, I’m still unable to change my natural wake-up-alarm for unknown reason.
Well, everyone say, “You’re lucky because you get to sleep at night.”
I say, “Who said I’m getting 7-8 hours of sleep at night?” In fact, I can complete my sleep in the morning, when everyone else in the Philippines is working. Yeah, I’m like a vampire who’s afraid of the sunlight.
To convince you that it’s not healthy for me, physically and emotionally, to be in the usual hours of work, let’s calculate everything…
Click Click Click To Continue Reading
In the morning shift:
- I spend almost 10 hours at work everyday
- Plus 3 hours of travel time from Antipolo (home) to Makati(work), this includes the waiting hours in the terminals.
- Same travel time on the way home. Plus 20 minutes to spend in the terminal again because…another queue.
- 1 hour more – Time to eat and bond with my second family. Unfortunately, I don’t get to see my Hubby at home because he leaves when I’m about to arrive. (He can’t wait for me, or else he’ll be late at work).
- All-in-all that’s 17 hours and 20 minutes
- Minus 24 hours.
- Therefore, I still have 6-7 hours to spend for my Zzzzzz’s.
Unlike in the evening shift:
- 10 hours at work, plus 30 minutes of chit-chat with my colleagues after work
- 1 and ½ hour of travel time from Antipolo (home) toMakati(work), this includes the waiting hours.
- Another 1 and ½ hour of travel time going home.(No queue since every one is going heading to office).
- 2 hours bonding time with my family plus I get to see my hubby every morning, play my fave games on the net and write some blogs.
- All in all that’s 15 hours. Minus 24 hours.
- I still have almost 9 hours to spend for my Zzzzzz’s
It looks almost the same but check the quality time I could spend with my friends and family and myself. Unlike in the morning, everything is like hell EMO.
Recently, stress has actually tortured my body. I started getting chest pain and sick. Thanks to the every days heavy traffic along EDSA. Well, that’s the busiest street on earth for me because night or day, rain or shine, it’s always capital T-R-A-F-F-I-C…I mean, super heavy traffic.
All I do while in the bus are reading books, listening to my MP3, or if I don’t have both, I just play with my imagination.
Take time to sleep while travelling, you say? Well, I can’t sleep in a moving vehicle, because my ears are so sensitive to noise. Hence, once I hear a blowing horn or a speaking lady or a laughing group of people, I could easily get my nerves up to full-awake mode. So, it is very useless.
Hmmm… I just wish I could go back to my old schedule.